About the Domec's

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Off Week & Stiletto Sprint

We are very thankful for all of the love and support so many of you have shown my parents and family. Keep those cards and messages coming! This week marks the end of my moms first cycle of chemo! 5 more to go. She had to go today for blood work, which only took about 5 minutes. She is feeling better today and even ate Skyline for lunch. :) She is still having some pain in her stomach but that is most likely pain from her surgery 5 weeks ago. She is doing awesome!

Jess and Kaleb are here again and we are loving our time with them. We miss them so much (miss you too Vince!) Kaleb and Austin are only 8 months apart and we so look forward to them being sweet friends as they get older.

A few weeks ago Jess and Vince along with Andrew and a family from their church, ran in a Stiletto Sprint down in Charlotte. If you read my post from last week, you would have seen the picture of the men wearing their high heels. There are a few pictures below from the actual race. I could not even handle it- I was laughing so hard. Andrew bit the dust.

Jess was actually a finalist in the race! She rocks those high heels; walking and running in them. The only time I wear them is if I'm a bridesmaid and I have to! :) You can imagine how emotional it was for them to be there. I love that there are people doing small, crazy things to show my mom they are fighting with her. Even in heels! My sis also cut her beautiful hair to send to locks of love. She loves her long hair but wanted to do it as a way to connect with mom.

We are looking forward to spending time with my mom over this next week. She continues to grow stronger everyday, physically and spiritually. The Lord continues to reveal himself through this trial. He is present and so intentional with our family. Keep praying that the chemo works and that my mom wouldn't have symptoms from it. Also that she continues to fight and battle her thoughts.

Psalm 73:26
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. "

P.S. This is the first time using the blogger app from my phone. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment