About the Domec's

Monday, January 23, 2012

33 Weeks Pregnant

I am right about 33 weeks pregnant! 7 more weeks to go. This pregnancy has really gone by quickly. I like being pregnant during the holidays because once you hit Labor Day in September there are so many things to look forward to. Family camping, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and all of our birthday's in January. In February and March, we have 2 weddings, a couple of showers/bachelorette parties, and a few other fun things. I feel like the baby's due date (March 16th) will just creep up on us in no time! The soon to be nursery is a disaster but I've finally decided to go with gray and yellow. I picked out a bumper from Target.com and went to buy it today and it's sold out online. Bummer.

Everyone says that we'll love having a spring baby! The weather is starting to warm up and we won't be cramped indoors with a newborn. I am really excited to meet our baby but super scared too! I'm hoping that the delivery goes smoothly and my epidural won't run out this time! :) Here are a few updates to keep track of how I've been feeling.

Movement: 
This little guy is quite the mover. He is constantly kicking, rolling, and poking me. Sometimes his little kicks really hurt! I've been trying to have Braylen feel the baby move and he has said that he can feel him but I'm not sure if he's just saying yes! He's had the hiccups a few times too. 

Weight Gain:
30 pounds. I gained almost 50 with Braylen so I'm assuming this will happen again. Bah!

Sleep:
I've never been the greatest sleeper but lately I have been feeling very rested. I like to drink more water during the night, rather than the day which doesn't help. Guy says that I am snoring like crazy but that doesn't bother me! :)

What I Miss:
Being able to sleep on my back and my stomach. Wearing normal clothes. Not having a chubby face! Being able to run and use the elliptical. I know some people are able to do those things, I just always feel so weird doing it. Being able to hold Braylen all the time. :( I know that he's 4 now! But I LOVE holding him. I still do sometimes (my doctor said that I can!). 

Cravings:
Ice cubes, chocolate, cottage cheese, and ice cream. I could actually eat just about anything right now. My first trimester, I had to force myself to walk into the grocery store. I couldn't stand food! And eating healthy? Forget about it. No grilled chicken, veggies, fruits, bread...I had a baked potato everyday for about 7 weeks. I am so thankful to be passed that stage! 

Symptoms:
Back pain, heartburn and indegstion, restless legs, and I'm starting to feel more swollen. Other than that, I've been feeling great! Oh, I do have a dose of "pregnancy brain." Last week Guy and I had a lunch date at Frisch's :) and after I used the restroom, I sat down at the table and told him about this email I read earlier that day. He said you literally just told me about that while we were walking into the restaurant. "I did?" He said yes, you just told me that story. "Oh........." I completely forgot that I already told him. Wow. I'm getting a double dose of memory loss because I'm pregnant AND tomorrow I'm turning 30. Fun!


1 comment: