About the Domec's

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

The night before the wedding we had our rehearsal dinner. All the bridesmaids and scripture reading friends and singers came over to my house for a mini-bachalorette party. My dad and I were sitting outside on the patio waiting for the girls to arrive, and we just looked at each other and cried! It was a happy/I can't believe I'm getting married cry! It was sweet. My dad is awesome!

We had great weather that night and after the rehearsal ceremony, we drove over to Indiana for dinner at the Applewood Restaurant. We had the whole top floor and there was a huge outdoor patio that overlooked the river. Even though it was November 10th!!, we were able to be outside and enjoy the night with our friends. Guy and I said our goodbyes and I went straight to bed. Well first my entire family came into my room and sat on my bed. But then I went to sleep. :)

Guy and I took the more traditional route of wedding day well.....traditions. We decided not to talk, text, or see each other until I walked down the aisle. Which I LOVED! Even though I was super, super nervous, I was so excited to see Guy walking down the aisle. Such a special memory! We weren't able to get a lot of awesome pictures ahead of time but it really didn't matter to us. Now that we have kid(s), we just have pictures of them around the house anyways!

This was me walking down the aisle BTW. I was a wreck. My dad walked super slow so that we could savor the moment. So fun! Thanks dad for making this moment a very special memory!


One of my most favorite songs that I wish I would have played at our wedding is by Shane and Shane called "When I Think About the Lord." I feel like that was my theme song to this day. It still is! I was just so thankful for where the Lord had brought me. And of course, I am more thankful than ever!

when i think about the Lord
how He saved me, how He raised me
how He filled me with the Holy Ghost
how He healed me to the uttermost
when i think about the Lord
how he picked me up
turned me around
how He set my feet
on solid ground

it makes me want to shout
hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
Hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!

*side note: whenever I play this song in the car, Braylen says "yea. turn it up." and moves his head to the beat. So funny.
Happy almost anniversary to my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment