About the Domec's

Monday, November 8, 2010

November 11, 2006



This week, 4 years ago, I was married to my best friend (everyone always says that! But it's true. so, oh well!). 


I woke up earlier than normal this morning, took my shower, and came into our room to find the boys "hiding." And then they "roared" at me. I pretended to be scared and they laughed. :) I never would have guessed that part of falling more in love with Guy has been watching him serve, love, play with our sweet little boy. What a blessing. I was a nervous wreck/emotional mess the day of our wedding. I had to sit down practically the whole day! Walking down the aisle was super emotional for me. I was just so thankful to be Guy's wife! 


Before Guy and I started dating, I had been single for almost 3 years-I went on a few dates here and there but nothing big. During that time, I grew closer to the Lord than I ever had. Clinging to him with everything. Looking back now, that time in my life was so hard (one summer I went to 12 weddings! and was in 2 of them!) but I am so thankful for it. I know that the Lord was pruning, growing, shaping me to be who I am today. To prepare me for what was to come. One of those things was to be Guy's wife! Yay! 


One of the verses that was read during the ceremony was from Psalm 40:1-3. And this is how I truly felt about this new phase of life. 


"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear in the Lord and put their trust in him." 

It is really fun to think about our wedding week. There is much more to write about including a very funny/not so funny at the time story about my wedding veil. 

Our friends Pete and Joel carved this during the reception. We had Fall decorations: pumpkins, mums, candles, leaves....They carved a bride and groom and put it on our table. Cute! 


Happy 4th Anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! That’s such a cute pumpkin! Even we got married on the same day in one of the Chicago wedding venues 10 years ago. Congratulations to you guys! That’s a lovely picture of you from the wedding day. We had a grand party this year, because we spend so many years of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete