About the Domec's

Friday, September 25, 2009

Rainy Weekend



It has been raining so much these past few days. I actually like rainy days. It's just fun to stay at home with Braylen and stay warm and cozy. It's also nice because Braylen has been loving television lately! He watches one show everyday called "Jack's Big Music Show." It's on the Noggin channel and we watch on demand. So he could literally watch it all day long! Which I don't let him so don't worry. He grabs the remote and says "Jack" (well tries to say Jack) and then sits on the couch. It's really cute. The show was canceled a few years so they don't sell anything like toys or stuffed animals-I've looked everywhere! Anyways. The songs from the show HAUNT me every night! I try to go to sleep and I'll hear "Come on everybody give your foot a tap, come on everybody give your hands a clap.........!" I've tried to switch to "Melmo" as Braylen calls it (Elmo/Seasame Street) but it's just not what he wants to watch! It is really neat to see him start to prefer certain things. He is just so smart!

I have been so interested in learning how to cook lately. I've watched a few shows on the Food Network and Jon and Peggy got me a magazine subscription to Cooks Country-which is awesome! I've also been trying to establish a menu every week for our family. My friend Jenna told me about this website moneysavingmom.com and she has a ton of tips on how to save money at the grocery store by using coupons and menu planning. For some reason, I just don't get how to do it! But I've listened to a few blogs from her so I'm going to start working on it next week. Apparently she spends $35 a week on groceries for her family of four. Including household items! wow! I'll keep you updated on how it's going. Any ideas out there?

Have a great weekend! Here is Braylen saying "CHEESE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment