About the Domec's

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mind ya' bizness!

I love being a stay at home mom! What an incredible blessing!! However, it is pretty tough financially! So in order to help supplement our income, I have been trying to come up with a ton of "small business ideas" to make some extra cash on the side. You all know that Braylen takes wonderful naps everyday, so I usually have somewhere between 3-4 hours in the afternoon to be working on something. Currently I have been helping NKY YL a few hours each month. Which has been awesome! I am really excited to help grow the area and expand our donor list!

Etsy.com has really inspired me to come up with my "thing." Everyone has something that they are good at. What am I good at??? Cleaning up messes, diaper changing, peeling bananas, etc. :) I tend to be really excited about something but then it just seems to die down. For instance, last month, I learned a ton of stuff about ebay. I got all of my old-giveaway clothes into a pile so that I could take pictures of them and then I wanted to try and sell them. I uploaded one NFL football zip up jacket and had no bids. Needless to say that pile of clothes is still in the basement. ha!

Here are a few things that interest me:
-helping a family friend work on her caramel apple business (she sells over 450 every holiday season)
-learning graphic design so that I could offer personalized items (birth announcements, invitations, cards, calendars, etc) at a less expensive rate. There a people who create these items for buyers, and then they email the item to the buyer who simply prints it from their home computer.
-creating DVD/CD picture slide shows (Guy and I have created 5 slide shows for weddings and birthdays in the past year)
-creating family recipe books for people. This would work by collecting recipes that have been in the family for years and creating an actual book for them to have.

Which one is your favorite?

I don't know if any of these would work.............but I should try one of them and find out. There are so many great websites where you can advertise your "goods." Esty, ebay, craigslist, facebook.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. we're the same - except you are getting to do what i want to do but am not doing. i'm not ready for babies yet {but i did have a pregnant dream last night}....what i'm trying to say is that i want to stay at home and open open shop TOO! but i don't have anything i'm super passionate about or more importantly, anything that i'm very good at. i want to learn how to refinish furniture & sell it. we'll see how that turns out! let me know if you end up starting something...i'll endorse you!

    ReplyDelete