About the Domec's

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Organization is the key to success

I had a middle school teacher who made us write "Organization is the key to success" on all of our folders. She was so right. :) I have found that if I do not have a list of things that I'd like to accomplish throughout the week, I completely slack off! Now that Braylen is taking 3-4 hour naps a day (I love that kid) it is really easy to be lazy during that time. There are so many things that I can do while he is napping. I found this blog by a very traditional, religious woman who had an awesome idea of how to organize your time as a stay at home mom. You can find her ideas by clicking here. I am going to start using her method and will let you know how it works!

Last night for dinner, I made Chicken Squares! I love this meal. My mom makes it a lot and I'm so glad that I have the recipe. It's so easy.

Chicken Squares
1 pound cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
Salt and pepper
1 can crescent rolls
3 tablespoons butter
Bread crumbs

1) Boil chicken for about 20 minutes until no longer pink. Shred or cube into bite size pieces.
2) Mix cream cheese with chicken and add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Roll out crescent rolls. Combine triangles to make a square (you will have 4 separate squares).
4) Add chicken mixture to square, roll up sides and pinch at the top to cover the chicken.
5) Melt butter, cover chicken square in butter and then roll in bread crumbs.
6) Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving day! "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 101

No comments:

Post a Comment